Team, have a project that was set up as a scrum w/ Sprints - I created a new Kanban board - but it is only allowing me to add columns , not statuses - any idea why?
i'm guessing you are using Next-gen project in the cloud maybe? If so, in NG by adding columns you are in effect adding statuses.
If you are on Classic projects you would go to board settings and map existing statuses to columns and you can add columns there too. If you need new statuses you would add them to your workflow.
As @Jack Brickey said, there are lots of reasons why you can't add statuses, to recap:
To add a status to a board, you need to be EITHER a Jira administrator OR a project administrator and a board administrator.
If you are only the board administrator (and not a Jira administrator or the project administrator) you can configure the board but you can only add columns to the board but not statuses to the simplified workflow.
🤯
I'm in board settings, and usually I can add status's but perhaps this is NG - I didn't set the board up - any way to convert it back to Classic?
also looking at the work flows - I'm getting the following:
Error
There currently exists an active workflow scheme 'WSE: Software Simplified Workflow Scheme'. This conflicts with the Software Simplified Workflow management. Please rename or remove the existing workflow scheme before attempting to convert project Web site enhancements.
well if you are in "Board settings" then it isn't NG because there are no board settings to be had.
Are you in the Columns view? You don't "add" statuses there you "map" them. Can you send screen shot. There is also the notion of a project using Software Simplified workflow where you add statuses by adding columns. So many choices :-(
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.