Hi--
On our Daily board, the white background is too white, can we change the board team or choose a dark theme?
Hi Mitra,
I see that you are looking to view your Jira Cloud site with a dark theme. At this time, Atlassian does not have a means for users to set a theme for the site. There is an existing feature request for this for Jira Cloud over in JRACLOUD-63150. I would recommend watching and voting on this issue to help our development and product management teams better understand the most desired features to plan for.
There is also a corresponding feature request for this in Jira Server over in JRASERVER-63150.
Regards,
Andy
you can of course use FORCE dark mode via Chrome, it does work for JIRA!
How does one do this?
https://www.howtogeek.com/446198/how-to-force-dark-mode-on-every-website-in-google-chrome/
Fantastic. Thank you.
I've found that using an extension called 'Stylish' - https://userstyles.org/ works really well for Jira.
I've been using a theme called 'JIRA Dark 2020' and I've found it has been working much better than what using Force Dark mode on chrome was doing for me.The reasons I found that the changes aren't across every website. Force dark mode tends to break some and make them unusable. JIRA Dark 2020 doesn't contrast too heavily and maintains images and graphs so they're still readable too.----------------
I'd like to add an amendment to my post.
Stylish is not the one due this article being brought to my attention:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/chrome-and-firefox-pull-stylish-add-on-after-report-it-logged-browser-history/
Although Stylish is back on App Stores; after the history of Stylish it seems like a corrupted entity now.So after a second of research I found Stylus which is the open source equivalent of Stylish. All styles from userstyles.org are applicable here included the one mentioned in my prior post.Stylus Homepage
https://add0n.com/stylus.htmlStylus Chrome extension
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmneWorking great until Atlassian decide to move into the 2020's
I use new chrome extension for dark mode -- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/night-mode-for-jira/nlgcogdbamhmdbpaabmpklojolokodaa
Works great including Confluence and other Atlassian products
If you're on Jira Cloud and have a Mac, use the Jira Cloud macOS app, which supports dark mode!
Those requests are from late 2016. Top #2 position. No response what's so ever.
The logical conclusion must be that atlassian don't give a damn, right?
Daniel
Agreed.
It's a shame to not be able to set dark mode on such a wide used application...
Missing a lot of features unfortunately so not worth downloading yet unless your workflow is just the basics
@kristian_walsh - Yeah, agreed. The macOS app does present a focused user experience (like the mobile app), which I didn't know until I tried it this month.
I still generally recommend it to folks who are using Jira very simply (not many folks, in my experience, but some).
My favorite part about having the macOS app open is getting toast notifications when people leave comments on my tickets. 😂
You can enable dark mode for all sites from Chrome settings
Want to try it out? This option is available as a hidden flag in Chrome 78. Like all flags, it’s an experimental option that may change or be removed at any time. It one day may graduate to a proper option on Chrome’s Settings screen, or it may vanish completely.
To find it, type “chrome://flags” into Chrome’s Omnibox and press Enter.
Search for “Dark Mode” in the search box at the top of the Experiments page that appears.
Click the box to the right of “Force Dark Mode for Web Contents” and select “Enabled” for the default setting.
Click “Relaunch” to relaunch Chrome. Chrome will close and relaunch all your open web pages. Be sure to save any content on those pages—for example, things you’ve typed in text boxes—before relaunching the browser.
Browse and see how it works. If you don’t like it, head back to Chrome’s Experiments screen, change this option back to “Default,” and relaunch the browser. Chrome will stop messing with website colors after you disable this option.
You can also try other Force Dark Mode options. The different modes will products different results on web pages. Some of them will even invert light images, turning those images dark. This will make images look different, of course, but it may be convenient if you want a consistently dark desktop.
This absolutely needs to be available for accessibility. My overly sensitive eyes are killing me.
Any alternatives to Jira that offer dark mode (scrum)?
We need dark mode !!!!!!!!!!OMG come on guys make it !!!
Please check my Stylus theme for Jira cloudhttps://github.com/aalvarado/JiraDarkTheme
So I just enabled this one but for some reason parts of it stay white- So on the Projects Board looks great but I open up other parts and they are white background do you know what part of the code is this screen?
The whole operating systems have got the dark mode, what are you busy doing. Bring the dark mode!!!
I'll take a look
As someone who is legally blind dark mode is for me a vital user experience. I use JIRA with my team of Product Owners to run our business day in day out... Please get this feature prioritised... for some of us this is way more than a nice to have
Damien
Damien, please take a look here:
I created a Userstyle theme that automatically updates. I just added a couple of changes this month.
Please check it out:
https://github.com/aalvarado/JiraDarkTheme
Hi Ashley, please update, I updated some parts of the theme. Thanks for the report
Hey Max!If you're already using Stylus, I created a Userstyle theme that automatically updates. I just added a couple of changes this month.
So... Going for the 5 year anniversary I guess...
Nice (y)
Thanks a lot!!
The silly part to all of this ... almost all of us are developers and we know how easy it would be to implement a dark mode feature. It's really not that hard to toggle a CSS selector and take advantage of inheritance. As another post noted... this has been the #2 requested feature and has been in pursuit since 2016 (5 years ago).
Additional information that I think is relevant:
As companies who are using Atlassian products are getting larger, the answer is not to download random plug-in since the larger companies have strict Third Party agreement rules. This can not be left as a 'get a plug-in' answer or even a use the browser settings. My company has both the browser's settings locked down and will not allow random plug-ins without a full EULA established with the plug-in's maker. This MUST be native function.
Or you can simply use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221577/darktheme?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter
Random plug-ins can not be added to user's desktops in large corporations that are required to review them for safety. Legal departments and Cyber Security Teams are required to authorize any and all plug-ins. A Plug-in IS NOT THE ANSWER. Period.
After trying all of the settings, I stuck with "Enabled with selective inversion of non-image elements". Otherwise it tries to invert some images and they look weird.
Why is there no response from Atlassian team on this?
We cancelled our Jira account and all other Atlassian products and switched because;THIS HAS BEEN THE HIGHEST VOTED FEATURE REQUEST FOR ATLASSIAN FOR 7 YEARS and hasn't moved an inch. So, we gave up and moved to software with dev teams that listen to their customers--at least after a few years.My advice, cancel your service. Let jira know that their 100,000s of views on this issue and votes, and comments and requests that have gone unanswered matter and that you'll now vote with your wallet. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63150?jql=text%20~%20%22Dark%20Mode%22%20ORDER%20BY%20votes%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC
I've seen a car floating around Melbourne with the number plate JIRA, rumour has it that it belongs to one of the founders. If I ever see them I'll be sure to give them an ear full about dark mode not being in existence hahaha.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.