Somewhere around April 2019 Atlassian decided to start rolling out the new editor:
Confluence Editing Improvements
There are a few improvements, but I lost many more features that I really liked. I will maintain the list below, hoping that maybe it will be picked up.
Functionality lost
- Not being able to show attachments as links (in a simple way)
- Not being able to define images in px or in the original size
- Not being able to make text red anymore. There are only 5 colors to choose form and according to the improvement orange is new red.
- Forced centering of the pages, resulting in a lot of white space.
- Very minimal documentation of the new features (and lost features). The above link is all I could find. Most searches provide me results of the 'old editor'.
- This is just a start and I hope I can keep editing this list.
Improvements
- I think the CTRL K to insert Links is better now (had to get used to it)
Please add what you think is better or worse below in the comments.
Thanks
Marcel