I know others have asked the same question, but I guess I don't speak the language necessary to understand the answers. When I start Jira, I get the following message:
Jira encountered the following problems during startup. You need to fix any errors before you start Jira again.
Database: JIRA couldn't connect to your database
JIRA failed to establish a connection to your database.
This could be because:
- Your database isn't running
- The configuration of your dbconfig.xml file is incorrect (user, password, or database URL etc.)
- There is a network issue between JIRA and your database (e.g. firewall, database doesn't allow remote access etc.)
There are several other solutions you can try, review our documentation and see what works for you.
Some details:
- I run Jira on my PC, not in the cloud.
- I'm the only user.
- A while back it was working fine, I didn't change anything
- I don't know how to reach dbconfig or how to 'ping' something
- I'm on the same network
Any help would be much appreciated!