Trying to be clever here and hoping someone can help me achieve what I am looking for.
Business/Use Case
We use JSD for our external customers to log support.
We want the best of both worlds where most of them can simply log calls as needed. Hence we have customer permissions set that anyone can email the service desk.
And we want to have some customers who can control who within their organisation can email in support.
So I was thinking to put in a rule that if Person 1 or Person 2 are note the reporter then put the request on a status of "Non Authorised Reporter".
How I was trying to do this
The only way I can see that I can tell if a the customer emailing the request is from an organisaion is via their domain.
So using the custom field "Domain of Reporter" I added an Automation that said...
- When = Issue Created
- If = Domain of reporter = <domain>
- Then = Transition to "Non Authorised Reporter"
If this worked I was then going to add further condition to point 2 where the report was not Person 1 or Person 2.
However, using the above it is not transitioning to "Non Authorised Reporter" when a customer with the domain set in point 2 emails in a request. So no point adding the additional conditions at this stage. And just in case you were wondering, yes there is a transition from the First status to "Non Authorised Reporter" set in the Workflow.
Can anyone see why the request is not transitioning?
or
Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can do what I need?