Today, my company uses a paper process for change management which is not efficient, is time consuming for all parties involved and hard to manage timely response for requests. Beyond that, it means that our change board has to be in the office to "approve" or request more information before we can move something forward (Once a week).
I have been tasked with trying to implement a new process using JIRA issues which typically make up the content on these change forms that we pass around requesting hard copy signatures....
Designing the workflow isn't my issue, rather I want to force approvals by the change board on issues when the workflow is followed. I did install service desk in a development environment because I remembered that there is a change management process that forces approvals.
Below is a snapshot of the workflow from service desk and the feature that I want to implement into JIRA.

In the configuration, you can set rules on what is required to consider an issue "approved".

In the issue view, in a "Service Desk" project, there is an "Approvals" section which shows the "rules/current status" for an issue.

This is great for new "Service Desk" projects, but I want to have this as part of my JIRA Software projects.
What I learned about applying the workflow scheme to JIRA Software projects:
I tried to use the screens, and workflow from service desk directly, but the approval section does not appear. The other workflow items do display as expected which is great, but can not have the approval rule applied.
Goals:
- Setup the same(similar) workflow that is currently available with service desk change management
- Have rules for approval to force approval of issues before deployment, exceptions may apply and will be worked through the emergency deployment process...
I assume I will need to create some custom code that acts simliar to what is created for approvals, but wanted to get a sense of what best practices people are using for approvals.
I did find that one article and answer is on a good path, but I want to enforce that all 4 approves have to approve or it is declined. Or other variance to the rule...3 of 4 approvals required...
Articles: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-I-add-an-approval-to-a-Jira-software-project-workflow/qaq-p/917817
Thanks