About our current production setup:
- JIRA v7.10.2
- Postgre DB
- Windows Server 2012 VM
- We have a handful of Bitbucket DVCS links but no other apps (that I know of).
- (4) User-Installed add-ons
GOALS
We want to test the upgrade to JIRA 8, then check for any incompatibilities. I am trying to follow the Best Practices as suggested in this KB,
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/Upgrade-Best-Practices/ba-p/932563
So, I have cloned the VM, then restricted its access to the public Internet, i.e., it cannot communicate with any other internal server. I have confirmed that I have working access to the Atlassian Market, e.g. I was able to update the Universal Plugin Manager (from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3). I am now prepared to test the full upgrade?
QUESTIONS
- am I going to blow-up my license by running the clone VM?
- am I going to blow-up my license by upgrading JIRA on the clone?
- Do I need to generate a new license key for the new v8 software, and if so will I be able to re-use the (test) key on the production server -- once we really do upgrade?
- All the things I don't know ??