I modified workflow recently in our SD project adding more states and transitions and now all my users complain that on any automatic issue state transition they receive email that looks like its coming from me.
This is very confusing.
please check your Automations. I suspect the automations are set to "run as" your userid.
project settings > automation
look at the top and you will see an icon that looks like two sliding bars...click and check if that might be the culprit.
correct, under automation it's set to run as myself (default project user). What do I change it to?
it has to run as some user. if you have a system user (provided by addons often) then you could consider that. Or you could create an automation user and choose that but of course that is a monthly license. :-(
I really wish there was a default automation user that you could use but alas.
Ok. I noticed that in the rule settings I can change user to
Run rule as: User who triggered the rule
Would this work?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.