I am changing from the free H2 database that comes with Confluence, and in which I've put several articles linked to my Jira Service Desk KB in a Space, to a PostgreSQL 9.6 DB. I was able to do this successfully for my Service Desk, but I have an issue when trying to do the Confluence, because of this statement...
Next, create a database (for example confluence):
- Owner is your new database user (for example
confluenceuser) - Character encoding must be set to
utf8 encoding. - Collation must also be set to
utf8. Other collations, such as "C", are known to cause issues with Confluence.
I do not have the option of choosing "utf8" in the dropdown box in the DB setup of PostgreSQL 9.6, or if I try to manually key it, The default option is C (which is what Jira Service Desk recommends, but according to the info above, should not be used with Confluence), and the only other two options available to me are "POSIX" and "English_United States.1252" I am not sure what to do at this point. Does anyone have any advice?
Thank you very much.