How can I configure a servicedesk URL that is different from my internal JIRA URL since I expose my service desk to the internet via IIS.
You can't - the service desk portals live within JIRA, not outside it on some arbitrary url.
Well certainly I can. I publish it via IIS and that works with no problem. But internally i want tu use it on another url. That also works, if I leave the JIra base url to the internal server. The ONLY problem is, that in the mails from servicedesk JIRA sends the internal adress and that does not work from outside. The only thing I want to manipulate ist the adress in the emails that JIRA service desk sends to the customer. Than everything would be wonderful. I simply need a configuration parameter for servicedesk projects, in which I can enter the url, that I want to send to my customers. That should be very simple to implement.
Well certainly I can have different urls for internal and external use. I publish it via IIS and that works with no problem. But internally i want tu use it on another url. That also works, if I leave the JIra base url to the internal server. The ONLY problem is, that in the mails from servicedesk JIRA sends the internal adress and that does not work from outside. The only thing I want to manipulate ist the adress in the emails that JIRA service desk sends to the customer. Than everything would be wonderful. I simply need a configuration parameter for servicedesk projects, in which I can enter the url, that I want to send to my customers. That should be very simple to implement.
There are swathes of JIRA that simply do not work when you try to use different urls. The service desk UI is not affected (yet) because of its relative simplicity as far as the outside user is concerned. Emails are affected, and will always use the base url.
When I said "you can't", it's more like "you can botch something with some parts of JIRA, but other bits will not work"
Well, in order to be useful, customer portal has to be exposed to the internet, and the url sent by email must point there. If I use only one url, then I have to expose my complete jira-software server to the internet.
This means:
1) my complete JIRA portal can be accessed from the internet. No security concerns about this?
2) for internal use, we cannot use fast internal connection, we must use external conection to the JIRA server and https instead of http.
This does not look professional at all!! Atlassian should offer some better solution at this point..
With a second url exposed to the outside I can filter out the urls, that I do not want to expose. Why does Jra have the concept of whilelist for incoming connections, if this is not in the plan?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.