How do we write the filter to define Severity (sev 1, sev 2, sev 3 or No Severity)
JQL is a search language, it defines nothing. A search for "Severity = sev1" will find what you expect it to find (and "Severity is empty" will find issues with no severity set)
I think there's more to your question than just "how do I use JQL to find things with severity" though - could you tell us more?
Hi
Also it depends on field type of “Severity”,
you can try :
Severity in (“sev 1”)
you can find useful information yourself - Advanced searching - fields reference.
If you want, you can try basic search.
Hi,
Severity in (“sev 1”) didn't work. I tried Severity=1/2/3 and it worked. But for No Severity I tried Severity is NULL or Severity not in (1,2,3). Nothing showed up. How to filter issues that has not been assigned any Severity?
Have you tried “Severity is empty”?
what type of field “Severity” is it ?
are you sure that you have issues with empty “Severity”?)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.