I have this Two Dimensional Filter:
If I scroll right there are like 10 more statuses, I want to show the same report but with Status Category, it would be easier to read.
any thoughts without Apps?
Hello Daniel,
Since the Two Dimensional Filter Statistic Gadget does not have the status category to be selected in the XAxis field, I would recommend you to use Labels, Components or even a new Custom field to set the status category of the issues.
Personally, I would use a separated custom field for it, just to keep it more organized. These would be the steps:
1 - Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom Fields
2 - Click to create a new select list custom field (Single choice) with three options: Open, In progress and Done.
3 - Add the field to your project screens and save it
4 - Optional step: instead of adding the field to your edit screens, add it only to the transition screens of your workflow status when the issue moves to a different status category and add post functions to automatically update it. This will avoid users to set the wrong status in the issue.
5 - Navigate to your issue navigator page and bulk add the field to your issues, using a single JQL query to add each of the three field options (Open, In progress, Done) and each query returning the respective statuses of the category. E.g:
status in ("Sendbox UAT", "Deployed", "In progress")
The issues in the query above should be configured with the value In progress in the Custom field
6 - Use the field in the Two Dimensional Filter Statistic Gadget
Let me know if this information helps.
Nice workaround, thanks!
You are welcome, Daniel.
Have a nice week!
Hi Petter, The 2 dimensional filter on JIRA cloud now seems to allow the Status Category to be selected for an axis. When I select it however it states that all the status categories are empty. Is this a bug?
Status categories would be far more useful if they were usable in gadgets such as the two dimensional filter. I'm struggling to understand why this hasn't been implemented yet as it is a no-brainer for rolled-up portfolio style reporting:
As a project team member I want to be able to see detailed statuses for my in-progress tickets so I can manage bottlenecks in my team
BUT
As a programme manager I simply want to see how many tickets are still to do, in progress, or done so I know the overall status of the programme
And you can see this very easily on the sprint health gadget, which clearly works on status category, but only at the level of a sprint. You also get the same visual representation on a roadmap in the 'progress' field for an epic, and in Jira in the release view. We shouldn't have to buy a plug-in for something as basic as this when Atlassian have already implemented the logic multiple times in Jira.
I can see the work-around given would work, but it is basically a hack and against Atlassian's normal guidance to avoid creating unnecessary custom fields (or mis-using components) and post-functions, which would need to be documented and maintained.
100% agree! There are serious downsides to all of the workaround options, mostly that it's a lot of busy work for someone to recreate functionality that's already there. I don't use labels because I have been burned way too many times by someone fat-fingering a value or using a different case so tickets slip thru the cracks. Adding a custom field is a luxury for anyone in an organization where Jira is tightly governed and custom field requests need to be justified. Why not just fix the existing functionality to use the data that already exists instead of putting the responsibility on the customer to do the work.
Did the "Don't &@%$ the customer?" banners at home office come down?
April 2024 and this is still not fixed. Is there an open bug report for Status Category not being available in the Two Dimensional filter? I am having to *gag* export data to Excel, create a temp column and generate a pivot chart. I refuse to create a custom field that contains the same value as a system field - and all the manipulation that goes with keeping that in sync. This has to be a very minor and quick fix.
Found it - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63787
Please vote.
apparently, they don't even bother to look at suggestions until they get a certain number of "unique domain votes" and/or comments. Atlassian seems to have completely abandoned their motto "don't *%&^$ the customer". I guess the word "don't" fell off the signs that used to hang in the their offices.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.