Hello, I recently installed Jira 8.2.0 on a RHEL8 server and I'm with issues about gadgets on System Dashboard.
It appears to be an widespread problem:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/gadget-common-error-500/qaq-p/1007783
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira8-behind-Nginx-proxy-gadget-common-error-500/qaq-p/1010477
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira8-behind-Nginx-proxy-gadget-common-error-500/qaq-p/1050620
I gone through all those topics and tried everything, even mimicking configurations, but I wasn't able to solve this issue by myself.
So I'm here for help.
Here's my configurations:
/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml
<Connector port="8080" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false" secure="true" scheme="https"
proxyName="jira.domain.tld" proxyPort="443"/>
/etc/nginx/conf.d/jira.local.domain.tld.conf
upstream jira {
server 127.0.0.1:8080 fail_timeout=0;
}
# redirect HTTP and handle let's encrypt requests
server {
listen 80;
listen [::]:80;
server_name jira.local.domain.tld
jira.domain.tld
www.jira.local.domain.tld
www.jira.domain.tld;
# handle letsencrypt domain validation
location ~ /.well-known {
allow all;
}
# send everything else to HTTPS
location / {
return 301 https://jira.domain.tld;
}
}
# listen on HTTP2/SSL
server {
listen 443 ssl http2;
listen [::]:443 ssl http2;
server_name jira.domain.tld;
root /opt/atlassian/jira;
# snakeoil certificates
ssl_certificate /etc/nginx/ssl/jira.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/nginx/ssl/jira.key;
location / {
# allow uploads up to 10MB
client_max_body_size 10m;
# set proxy headers for cloudflare/jira
proxy_set_header Host $host:$server_port;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
# hand the request off to jira
proxy_pass http://jira;
}
}
I tried adding the web certificates to the keystore located on /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/lib/security/cacerts and it doesn't solved the issue too.
ca, May 23, 2019, PrivateKeyEntry,
Certificate fingerprint (SHA1): C2:49:32:92:BE:7F:C3:18:FB:C9:4E:22:86:F8:B8:19:E1:26:88:B4
jira, May 23, 2019, PrivateKeyEntry,
Certificate fingerprint (SHA1): D2:DD:06:71:A1:9A:B3:5E:46:3B:8C:79:F7:A7:40:EA:F7:F2:4F:EA
And yes, my base URL is set to: https://jira.domain.tld.
Thanks for your help.