Hi,
Total bitbucket newby here trying to get started on Windows and not finding the Bitbucket
documentation to be very helpful. Is there a step-by-step tutorial anywhere? I want to use
git command line, and I assume that I have to use SSH to authenticate (but not even shure about that).
I use Google to login to Bitbucket via browser.
Note that myorg and myrepo below are just examples and not the actual names.
I setup an SSH key following instructions at
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/set-up-an-ssh-key-728138079.html
Last step was to run
ssh -T git@bitbucket.org
which I did, and got message
logged in as myorg.
You can use git or hg to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled.
Now this page
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/clone-a-repository-223217891.html
shows clone command as
git clone ssh://git@bitbucket.org:teamsinspace/documentation-tests.git
When I get the command from the butbucket repo page, it is of the format
git clone git@bitbucket.org/myorg/myrepo.git
I'll try with and without the ssh://
>git clone git@bitbucket.org/myorg/myrepo.git
Cloning into 'myrepo'...
git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
>git clone ssh://git@bitbucket.org/myorg/myrepo.git
Cloning into 'myrepo'...
ssh: Could not resolve hostname bitbucket.org:myorg: Name or service not known
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Clearly I'm missing some step or an argument to the git clone command.