How do I get a repository online? Sorry I'm not seeing it. From the documentation it seemed like it would just be at...
https://advancedarithmetic.bitbucket.io
What am I missing? BTW, that's the full name of the repository, advancedarithmetic.bitbucket.io
Hi Lee, welcome to the Community!
If my understanding is correct, you're trying to upload an existing local repository to Bitbucket Cloud, is this right? If this is your case, you can find the instructions at Repository setup. If you meant something else or were looking for something different, please let us know so we can continue helping you
Have a good day,
Ana
I already have a repository set up. How could I name it if it didn't exist? How does it become a website? What is the url of the website I've created? For github it's name.github.io, for instance. I tried the url I posted above, but it doesn't work.
Still looking for an answer...
Does the user or team named "advancedarithmetic" own that repo?
It's mine. Why else would I be asking?
Hi Lee,
The reason we are asking is because in your description it was not clear what you needed. Now we know that what you want is to host a website using Bitbucket Cloud.
The instructions to create a website are at published in our Knowledge Base, you can find them at Publishing a website on Bitbucket Cloud. In essence, your repository needs to be named <yourworkspaceID>.bitbucket.io, contain an 'index.html' file, and then be added to your Bitbucket account same as any other repository.
I've searched in our system and there isn't any account with the workspaceID 'advancedarithmetic'. I've checked your email address and I could see that your workspaceID is h********0, so the name of your repository should be h********0.bitbucket.io (make sure to replace the asterisks with the actual workspaceID.
From within Bitbucket, create a repository*, and have the Repository name use the scheme <<em>workspaceID</em>>.bitbucket.io. Clone the repository to your local system. Create a file called index.html in the repository root directory, in lowercase letters. Create a file named index.html in your repository, add some content, commit the change, then push the change to Bitbucket. Navigate to the <span><a href="https://workspace_ID.bitbucket.io" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://workspace_ID.bitbucket.io</a></span>site. Bitbucket displays the HTML in the site's index.html.
From within Bitbucket, create a repository*, and have the Repository name use the scheme <<em>workspaceID</em>>.bitbucket.io.
<<em>workspaceID</em>>.bitbucket.io
Clone the repository to your local system.
Create a file called index.html in the repository root directory, in lowercase letters.
index.html
Navigate to the <span><a href="https://workspace_ID.bitbucket.io" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://workspace_ID.bitbucket.io</a></span>site. Bitbucket displays the HTML in the site's index.html.
<span><a href="https://workspace_ID.bitbucket.io" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://workspace_ID.bitbucket.io</a></span>
*If you already have a repository in your local machine, you can upload it following the steps in the section 'I have existing files on my local system' from the article Repository setup, also published in our Knowledge Base.
Hope that helps you, Lee.
Best regards,
Yes, I've seen all that in the help pages. Then how can I have more than one website, if they all have to be named my email address to get online? Why wouldn't the repository be named what it actually is? Still makes no sense.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.