We have just implemented Jira Service Desk and are adding in new request types as needed. Our Facilities department has asked that we add a request type for them. The problem is that I don't see an option to hide it from the customer portal until it's fully configured and communicated out to the company. Any help would be appreciated.
I was able to figure this out. When on the main portal, click on Customize on the right hand side. If you remove the request type from the group being displayed, it will remove the request type from the view, therefore "hiding" it from your users.
yes. simply go to project > project settings > request types, edit groups and uncheck all groups. it should then show under "Hidden from portal"
Hi Jack,
I don't see any groups under request types. I'm using Jira Desk in the Cloud, would that make any difference?
Hey @James_Styles ,
What Jack is talking about is shown in my screenshot below. On the right side of the request type, there is a button called Edit Groups. Jack is saying to click that and to make sure the request type is not affiliated with any groups.
Hi Cody,
When I click into Request Types, I don't see what you attached. I get a view that looks like this that looks directly into the request type itself. I don't see a summarized view like you're seeing.
ah... so you are using the NG JSD project type. :-)
while i have created one for the sake of trying it out I have not actually had time to look at it so unsure how you can hide a request type in that project type.
p.s. please keep your replies in the appropriate answer thread so it keeps the thread readable. Use "reply" under the answer rather than using the "answer" button.
Bummer, well thank you anyways for taking the time to respond! Appreciate your help
Oh you are in Next Gen. That is a completely different style of Service Desk and unfortunately I do not believe there is a way to hide a form from the portal in a Next Gen project. Next Gen is still in Beta and they are constantly adding features from classic projects into Next Gen.
This helped me so thanks! (JSD Cloud).
This works perfectly for what my team needed Thanks for figuring this out.
Glad to hear
That works, thank you.
Obviously a year later, but for one of my projects I had the same problem and found the option in:
Project Settings > Portal Settings > Portal Groups
I removed the Request Type from the General Group and this worked.
Found a way to hide in Next gen.
Project settings -> Channels -> Customer portal -> Customize portal
Then, click the request type you want to hide, and remove 'General'
Yeah, this hides the Request Type entirely for the default General group. But, in Next-Gen SD the Groups in portal are really only to "group" Request Types like User Requests, Hardware Request, etc., and have naught to do with Organizations or User Groups.
AFAIK, there is still no way to show/hide Request Types by Organization in SD Cloud without multiple SD Projects which is its own goat rope. I went down this road, and back to a single project as the process overhead was not worth it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.