Running JIRA Software 8.1.0. Trying to update Universal Plugin Manager to 4.0.4. Install fails with error message saying "Check logs". What logs do I need to check? Where are they located? What do I look for?
@Stephen Makk
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/important-directories-and-files-938847744.html provides an overview of the relevant directories and files
You should check the catalina.out (residing in the logs directory below your atlassian installation directory as well as the application specific logs in the log directory below the JIRA_HOME directory)
Hope that helps
Cheers
Kurt
Thanks. I had a look in there, but there are no entries near the time I attempted the update. Have tried updating both through the GUI and by manual file upload.
Could you share your logs by chance, so that they could be reviewed?
I wish I could. Probably moot now. I had a failed update to JIRA Software 8.2 since my message and lost everything. Second time this happened. It was unable to update/delete some Java file and the service keeping it open refused to die, so I have a dead JIRA installation because the installer coudl not exit gracefully. I'm attempting to recover the server to an earlier date. If that does not work, I will try to recover my JIRA database from a backup into a new JIRA installation. Hours of reading ahead of me to figure out how to pull that one off.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.