I've successfully installed JIRA on my server and I can get it to load nicely at http://myserver.com:8080/. I went through the steps at https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-apache-http-server-mod_proxy_http-806032611.html but it still won't load at http://jira.myserver.com(I get ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED).
Additionally, I am on Apache version 2.4.25 and here is my vhost.conf file contents (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is my actual IP address):
<VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80>
ServerName jira.myserver.com
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyVia Off
RemoteIPHeader X-Forwarded-For
<Proxy XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX>
Require all granted
</Proxy>
ProxyPass / http://myserver.com:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://myserver.com:8080/
</VirtualHost>
And here is my server.xml Connect code:
<Connector port="8080"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
proxyName="jira.myserver.com"
proxyPort="80"
scheme="http"
/>I'm getting an "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED" error on my server if I go to jira.myserver.com. If I go to myserver.com:8080, I can't go past my Agile boards in each of my project pages and my gadgets shows a DNS error message.
On top of that, if I go to server.myserver.com, I can load my JIRA installation. server.myserver.com and jira.myserver.com are the on the same line in my /etc/hosts/ file and server.myserver.com is defined in my httpd.conf file, which says I shouldn't edit it, for all unbound IP addresses.
I've tried tweaking it so much, what else can I try to fix this?