I have been using Jira Service Desk (Server Edition) for about 3-4 weeks trial, and just purchased my license on Friday. Today, I go to log in, and I get an error (same as the subject line: "The Embedded database health check has failed in your system. Find Out More (Link), Don't remind me again (link).
I don't want to ignore the message as it seems pretty important. Jira still seems to work, as does Confluence which is installed on the same server and used as a space for the HelpDesk KB. When I click "Find Out More," I am taken to a page that is local to my Server version, that shows me "Instance health checks, Problems detected. Supported Platforms. Embedded database (both with red squares with a white ! point)... It then says... "What does this check do? Checks if the instance is connected to an HSQL or H2 database. Result. Jira is using the H2 embedded database. You should migrate to a supported database to ensure your data is safe."
The link brings you too... https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1guaEQ. I get a "Bad Gateway" error and it never brings me to a page.
Below that there is a section of "Passed checks: (all with green check marks next to them), Supported Platforms, Database, Indexing, Attachments, Cluster (which I am not set up in and don't want), Secondary Storage (which I do not have), File System, Services."
I'm not sure what all of this means. I would know better if the "How Can I Resolve This?" link worked. It seems like there's a problem with the native database Jira is using, but I have no idea how to get to it. Or is it telling me I need to be using a separate DB management tool?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tom