Hi
we have a requirement to show swimlanes by month/year. Although this is a more general question about using custom fields for swimlanes (we have a scripted field that displays month/year).
We can acheive this with JQL swimlanes but as the value will shift over time and sets of issues I want to avoid encouraging this regular manual intervention.
My ideal solution is simply to be able to base the swimlanes on a chosen custom field in the board configuration. Its not possible and so far I’ve not found a similar plugin.
options
- encourage user to use dashboard reports with month/year as a dimension
- manually add JQL swimlanes when needed
- schedule a monthly Epic creation for MonthYear and link new issues to it. Pretty sure I can automate that with scriptrunner
- schedule script to add swimlanes via API - never tried that.
anyone had similar requests?