Hi guys.
I've been trawling around the support forums and have picked up a few tidbits of useful information. I, however, seem to be missing the larger picture.
Long story short is, I need to run a simple report that Jira doesn't seem capable of doing. All I would like to do is list ALL tickets that had a given status at the end of the month (viewing over a year).
I however can't seem to do this, as the built-in reporting tool forces you to choose all tickets CREATED that month with that status, or all tickets RESOLVED that month that have that status. I don't want to
I keep reading about external tools eazyBI or jirareports.com, but these don't seem to do what I need them to do and are more geared towards presenting the data from Jira reports and exporting to excel etc.
Additionally, Atlassians' tutorial (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-jira-report/) required me to be a literal software developer?
I've been trying to piece together an advanced search query, but can't even find where to enter it, as if I try to enter it as a series in a report in the project itself, I'm forced to choose the aforementioned created/resolved series. Does anyone know where we can just enter an advanced query into jira?
Here is the query I'm trying to enter:
Project = PROJECTNAME AND status in (Detailed-Prioritized, "In Progress", New, Open, Reopened, "Waiting on External", "Work in progress") ORDER BY endOfMonth()
I imagine there are a few things wrong with this query since I've pieced it together from multiple threads across the forum. I JUST want to see how many tickets we had 'open' at the end of last month vs how many tickets we had open at the end of the previous month.