Hello,
after I installed jira on my linux server and wanted to configure it via the web interface i have the following problems with the database:
Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
Connection refused (Connection refused)
I've already read the help (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mysql-communication-link-failure-214338032.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/surviving-connection-closures-861253055.html) but unfortunately I don't have the db.xml, probably because the communication to the database causes problems.
Can you please help me?
Thank you
greetingsFelix
@Felix Böck Please could you provide logs info JIRA_HOME> /log/atlassian-jira.log ?
so that one can help because there could be several reasons.
@Felix Böckand I are still searching for a solution to this problem. Here is the log-data you demanded...
2019-05-16 09:57:14,392 http-nio-5050-exec-12 WARN anonymous 597x250x1 tvighg 192.129.26.16 /secure/SetupDatabase!default.jspa [webresource] cyclic plugin resource dependency has been detected with: com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin:context-path, stack trace: [jira.webresources:jira-setup, com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs, com.atlassian.auiplugin:common-runtime, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin:context-path, com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-core, com.atlassian.auiplugin:split_aui.splitchunk.2a34183e72]2019-05-16 09:57:14,392 http-nio-5050-exec-12 WARN anonymous 597x250x1 tvighg 192.129.26.16 /secure/SetupDatabase!default.jspa [webresource] cyclic plugin resource dependency has been detected with: com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin:context-path, stack trace: [jira.webresources:jira-setup, com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs, com.atlassian.auiplugin:common-runtime, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin:context-path, com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-core, com.atlassian.auiplugin:split_aui.core]2019-05-16 09:58:08,166 http-nio-5050-exec-18 ERROR anonymous 598x251x1 tvighg 192.129.26.16 /secure/SetupDatabase!connectionCheck.jspa [c.a.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager] Could not successfully test your database:com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:425)at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:990)at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:342)at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2197)at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectOneTryOnly(ConnectionImpl.java:2230)at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2025)at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:778)at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:47)... 3 filteredat java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:425)at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:386)at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:330)at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247)at com.atlassian.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager.getTestDatabaseConnection(DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager.java:347)at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.JdbcDatasource.getConnection(JdbcDatasource.java:211)at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfig.testConnection(DatabaseConfig.java:88)at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupDatabase.testConnection(SetupDatabase.java:230)at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupDatabase.doValidation(SetupDatabase.java:194)at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupDatabase.doConnectionCheck(SetupDatabase.java:126)... 3 filteredat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70)at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56)... 2 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63)... 7 filteredat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)... 49 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraSecurityFilter.java:66)... 1 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:64)... 31 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.doFilter(CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.java:30)... 24 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.MetricsCollectorFilter.doFilter(MetricsCollectorFilter.java:25)... 25 filteredat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:211)at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:301)... 175 more
@Andreas Schwarzmann @Felix Böck
On ther command line verify that server is running.
type the below command to check
systemctl status mysql<span>.service</span>
if you don't see Active(running) .... then type below command to restart it.
OR sudo service mysql restart sudo systemctl start mysql
Also check whether you have the Mysql Java connector downloaded.
this connector which is a .jar file should be in the
<Confluence_home>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/
see more info here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-jdbc-drivers-171742.html
I checked the status of the mysql.service and it is running properly. I also put the MySQL-Java-Connector to the right place which should be at /opt/atlassian/jira/lib according to this manual: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-mysql-5-7-966063305.html#ConnectingJiraapplicationstoMySQL5.7-driver.
I will try to put the MySQL-Java-Connector in this folder to make it work: /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib - despite it is not mentioned in the manual above.
Besides we managed to get a new error which says: "This MySQL-Instance is not configured properly. Please follow the instructions for MySQL 5.7+".
The initial error disappeared when I changed the hostname from localhost to the corresponding ip-address of the server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.