I assume the Issue view is the Default view. Yet, I've added a new field (build number) and I don't see it on any of my existing issues. I've check that the field is assigned to see Default View.
Hi Francis,
Next-gen projects are independent of classic ones, so when a custom field is created on Jira settings > Issues > Custom fields it won't be possible to add to a next-gen screen.In this case, you will have to create the field directly in the next-gen project on Project settings > Issue types > Select the issue type > On the right side create a new field.
If you are using a classic project with the new issue view, please go to the Project settings > Issue layout > Edit layout and check if the field is not hidden.
Regards,Angélica
Thanks Angelica.
How can I tell which type of project this is. I'm new to Jira Admin but have been a user for a couple years.
I figured it out. I have a classic project and the screen I want to edit is the Default View. So it isn't available under Project Settings | Issue Layout. I only see my Kanban specific screens there.
I don't see how to change the Default Screen layout.
If you are using a classic project, the sidebar of the project settings should look like this:
Also, please check on Jira settings > Issues > Custom fields > Search for the field you create > ... > Screens > Check if the field was added to the desired screen.
The sidebar of a next-gen project settings is this one that has few options:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.