The problem
I'm trying to add a submodule to a project but keep getting the "Launch SSH Agent" popup. It says: "Authentication via SSH keys failed, do you want to launch the SSH key agent (Pageant) and retry?". But the problem is, Pageant is already launched and my SSH is already added but it still doesn't accept my key as valid.
What I have tried:
- Adding the repository as a submodule in a different project (WORKS)
- Cloning the repository directly on to my desktop (WORKS)
- Adding the submodule from a colleague's computer (WORKS)
- Setting up a new SSH key and creating a submodule using new key
- Changing access rights to make me admin/read only/write for the intended submodule repository and it's intended parent repository
So even when I generate a new SSH key from scratch and try to add the submodule with the new key it does not work. Despite the key working perfectly for other repo's.
I have no idea how this can be fixed at this point and suspect it might be a bug.