For archiving sake I would like to get a dedicated mailbox copied in each notification going out from JIRA Service Desk. Any idea how I can achieve this?
Hi Priyendu,
On the desired project, please go to the Project settings > Notification > Actions > Edit notifications.Then, on each notification click on Add > Single user > Find your user > Add.
Note that, the default notification scheme is shared between projects, so if you have Software projects, you will receive notification from these projects too.
Regards,Angélica
Does it have to be a user, can it be a mailbox that I want to use as repository of all communications?
It can be a mailbox, but in this case, it will only work for public issues.If you don't want to let the tickets public, it's necessary to set a licensed user to receive the notifications.These are the options:
I do not think public issues will work for me, none of the issues will be public as there are restrictions in place for tickets belonging to a particular project and only assigned users can see those tickets.
Other than assigned roles, the only possibility I see is creating a Group, add the mailbox to the group and get copy of all events in that mailbox.
I cannot do this project by project as it will need separate licenses for each mailbox, I can use one license for archiving all events under one mailbox (which is part of the "Archiving" Group).
Does it sound right?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.