Hi,
Reasonably experienced JIRA user here, with a fairly complex requirement that I'm not sure is possible..
Some background... We have 7 teams that deliver probably around 100 projects a year. Some are tiny projects that only impact 1 team and take them a couple of sprints, others are projects that span multiple quarters, and touch all 7 teams. Currently estimates are being tracked in a google sheet. This upsets me for many reasons.
I have the opportunity to move this into JIRA, but I'm struggling to find a way to do this that doesn't involve 28 custom fields per year (i.e. 7 teams x 4 quarters).
I've attached a theoretical example of a complex project. This project has an arbitrary estimate of "21" when added up across multiple quarters and all 7 teams. We'd then have a few dozen other projects that would have similar estimates, as suggested above.

I can a number of custom fields:
- Back End Q1 2019
- Back End Q2 2019
- Back End Q3 2019
- Back End Q4 2019
- Data Team A Q1 2019
- Data Team A Q2 2019
- Data Team A Q3 2019
- Data Team A Q4 2019
- Data Team B Q1 2019
- Data Team B Q2 2019
- Data Team B Q3 2019
- Data Team B Q4 2019
.... etc.
But eugh, horrible... and something that requires addition of new fields over time.
Anyone know of any way to do this, in a way that doesn't require multiple custom fields? Preferably without plugins...
I've tried using the multi-select list, but that won't work, as it only lets me select 2 of the 3 values (i.e. the team, and the quarter, but not the estimate OR the quarter and the estimate, but not the team).
Perhaps I've missed something obvious. Please share thoughts if you have them!