Here is the situation;
I have a Jira server.
I have now been tasked with redeveloping the platform it is installed on;
So I have moved the jira home data to this other server.
I downloaded the jira installer (*.bin) to deliver the necessary components to the server, but this implementation is peculiar;
When I run the installer I provide the following;
o \ 3 \ /opt/atlassian/atlassian-jira-8.1.0 / n / y / y
Which I expect to deliver the server in an operating state, but the server is in a failed state, but close to complete now.
On review of the application logs $JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file the initiating error was;
JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.c.j.p.automation.upgradetasks.AOTableMigrater] Error migrating AO tables - could be because the plugin system wasn't fully initialised yet. Ignoring and continuing to run for now. Error was:
com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsInitException: bundle [com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin]
As well the installation logs also provide a plugin error at the end of catalina.out
I will attach both logs to review.