I am using Jira Service Desk cloud and trying to create an automation rule for emailed requests.
The rule needs to search the "Description" field of a new emailed request and if the field does not contain "Case number (New):" it should decline the request. I'm doing this to avoid Jira creating duplicate tickets we receive from another system.
When the other system sends an email for a new case, it will always contain "Case number (New):" in the Description field. If a case is just updated, the Description field will have "Case number:" without "(New):". As an FYI... after the colon is the case number assigned by the other system.
However, Jira doesn't seem to recognize the "(New):"
I reviewed the Advanced Searching and Search syntax for text fields pages for help.
So in my IF statement, I tried
- description !~ "Case number \\(New\\)\\:"
But this is not working. Any advise on what I'm missing is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance!