I've had a problem where my logs fill up with multiple DVCS sync warning a few times now. The most recent time I had over 7000 duplicate entries. The article at, https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/logs-are-full-of-dvcs-sync-warnings-found-more-than-one-match-for-953648787.html is great for helping to resolve the issue, but gives no idea to me on why it is happening or how to prevent it. We're using the DVCS connector to sync with GitHub and also using Fisheye to sync with some Perforce and SVN repositories. Any ideas?
Hi Irwin,
The KB you cited eludes to one cause of the problem; syncs that are routinely failing. When this happens we're likely getting into a state where the database is confused because it has more than one entry for a unique field/value.
The KB does mention one cause of this for Bitbucket:
The sync may fail if there are too many duplicate entries (JIRA keeps retrying probably leading to Rate Limit Exceeded)
So it seems logical to me that you could be exceeding github's rate limits in someway that might be causing problems for Jira to sync that data. I found some details in Understanding rate limits for GitHub Apps that might help.
On a side note, have you recently cloned your Jira instance? Perhaps to do a test upgrade? I ask because if you created an xml backup of your Jira database, or cloned the existing Jira database to setup another Jira site for testing, it's possible that this node of Jira could be making the same calls to the same github host.
I hope this helps.
Andy
Thanks andrew. I have cloned, but I deleted the DVCS connection on the clone. I think you may be on the right track with the rate limit thing. We have over 400 users and 400 repos. Perhaps that is too many for the system, not sure. I've not configured any special transitions but instead use the out of the box integration. We do use pull requests for code reviews so the same change could generate multiple pull requests. Could that also be a problem?
It is possible that a large number of commits, pull requests, branches, and/or merges would all be data that Jira will try to sync and then match up with the Jira issuekey in question. So yes, it could be a factor here.
Thanks again. And as far as I can tell there is now way to throttle the syncing in JIRA or to stagger the polling time per repository (like I do with perforce and fisheye to prevent a similar problem on the perforce server). Is that correct?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.