Hi,
Is it possible to record the category of request that the user selected before to select the request type?
We have categories as products, so it's very important to know which product the client refers to...
Thank you
Hey @Adrien Morel
There is not a way to see which group was selected before they selected the request type itself.
If I needed to do what you were doing, I would make a custom field that is hidden from the form with the name of the group that the request type is inside of.
The other way would be making an automation that posts a comment when an issue is created saying which group it came from. This would have to be set up like if request type is blank then comment "this was made from blank group" and you would be specifying the group name manually and that's why it would be an if this then that type automation.
Hope that makes sense and hope it helps!
Hi @Cody Stevens
Thank you for the ideas.
Unfortunately, Groups (products) are just a meta-information in our case, and each type of request is shared among all the groups. So I cannot put a hidden field, it would share its setup among all groups.
I'm not sure about the second option: looks like it's not completely automated (requires to change "blank group" manually?)
Oh okay, I confused the groups for the request type groups you can make on the portal. Neither option would work for that.
I'm still a little confused on what you exactly mean. Are you able to show me?
Not sure you confused anything. I'm speaking about the request grouping that you can define on the Request type page.
On the left are the products as groups (all masked in black, sorry), and on the right the request types. The types are common to many groups (hence the "5" near the "Modifier les groupes", on the last column)
Hi, and thank you for the answers and the time spent understanding my point.
Indeed, I have only 7 resquest type, each (or almost) being found in every groups. So every field I add in a request type will be the same whatever the group is selected.
I should definitely go with the script method then. Can you point me toward some "get started" resources so I can achieve this quickly? I am all new to JSD. Thank you
Here is a link to ScriptRunners documentation and a link to the marketplace app.
I also recommend checking out Automation for Jira. Its an incredibly powerful automation tool and it has a free version!
The free versions limits how many times you can run an automation. You are limited to 300 runs per month but that's with unlimited automations.
Automation for Jira Paid
Automation for Jira Free
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.