Hi,
I need move jira 8.0.2 to new server. I found the article https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver080/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-967897065.html.
This article looks like beeing compose from migration and upgradeing jira.
Could you write me step-by-step instruction to move jira to another server?
I checked documentation for migration of jira 7.13 and that was very clearr, but 8.1 /8.02 is not clear at all.
The article that you referenced does have all the steps needed to complete the migration. You will need to click some of the links to get the all the steps needed to complete the process. (XML backup for example) If you have specific questions about the steps or something is not clear you can post those here and we can help you through the migration.
OK, but section "Extracting Files" is misunderstood.
I have a new server, why I must:
Stop your existing Jira instance.
Extract (unzip) the files to a directory (this is your new installation directory, and must be different to your existing installation directory). ?
Since the document covers multiple types of migrations/upgrades there are cases where you would want to stop the previous instance. If you migrating to a new application server and a new database then you do not need to turn off the existing instance to complete the steps. You might want to turn it off to prevent users from accessing it though.
I see what you are talking about. It does lay the steps out a little better in the old documentation. You should click on the link at the bottom to provide feedback to Atlassian.
you can take a similar approach with the version 8 documentation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.