We were originally only using the "status" field in JIRA to track when something is closed. We have since discovered the value of the "resolution" field in JIRA and are now hoping to add this function back for two of our projects. However, I've run into a few questions.
1) If I update the workflow by adding a post function, do I need to update anything else in the settings (i.e. screens, schemes, etc) or will the workflow suffice?
2) This might be answered in the previous question, but if I have multiple resolution options (done, won't fix, etc), where will the user be able to select this field? I'm guessing it is probably related to a transition screen/scheme, but figured I would check.
3) We are hoping to tie our resolution of Done with our status of Closed. By introducing the post function into our workflow, will all of the previous JIRA tickets get automatically updated with the resolution, or will I need to perform a mass update?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!