We have Issue Linking enabled in our instance, with the default Service Desk user group appearing in Link Issues permissions of the destination JSW project, however in the JSD issue, the option More > Create linked issue does not appear.
If I manually create an issue in JSW, I can link the JSD issue no problem
Must be me doing something wrong! Any ideas?
Using this article as a basis...
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/linking-issues-802165194.html#Linkingissues-Createanewlinkedissuefromanexistingissueinaservicedeskorbusinessproject
Hey @Martyn Henderson
Are you using Next Gen JSD projects or the classic projects?
Hello,
Does the use have a Jira Service Desk license? This feature is available only for Jira Service Desk projects and for users who have Jira Service Desk license.
Hi, thanks for replying
Yes, I'm testing it myself so am part of of the Service Desk team as well as project (and site) Administrator
Hey @Cody Stevens
It was created using the "Internal service desk" template, so believe this is classic (only Kanban and Scrum available as Next Gen...in our site anyway)
Thanks for the info. So just to make sure I have all the information, You are the one who is unable to see the created linked issue when on the issue details page?
It appears that if the user has the browse project and create issue permission then they should be able to create a linked issue because you have Any logged in user selected. As the site admin, you should have those permissions but have you double checked?
Thanks @Cody Stevens !
Checked with permissions helper and it looks OK to me...?
Months later, still classic "oops, we forgot to add that menu item to the new views" and "No we wont fix it" situation.+1 For mass migration back to old (and workflow friendly) views!!!!!
PS> As above, we also have Next Gen for our software projects but can only create a classic Service desk. Also as above the classic service desk tries to insist on using the new useless views, as above the Personal Settings > Disable New Views is the only workable solution for us.
(until they remove that toggle and we're stuck, which I would not put past Atlassian, remove the feature to revert the view before fixing the functions available in the new view. It's happened myriad times in Next Gen so far).
@Caroline Bartle - is there an Atlassian ticket where I can track this to see when the option to 'Create linked issue' will be in the new issue view? i too need the ability to 'create linked ticket' from a JIRA SD cloud project ... and it is annoying that the option is not available in the new issue view.
thank you.
Never mind.. I found it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70794
Thanks for the link Allison, I've +1'ed
This is a ridiculous treatment for a product. It is still not fixed. Not sure why they have not added it yet. Will register as a complaint on main contact form. I suggest everyone do the same to get this actually fixed!
Hi Victoria,
Thanks for the reply and the attention!
While you're at it can I suggest you add your vote to the issue Alison links below?https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70794
I have found that once these issues start gaining traction and get about 200 votes they do start to creep into Atlassian's view, though the complaint is also useful fuel for the fire!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.