I just moved Jira Software from a Bluehost CentOS server to a Digital Ocean CentOS droplet and every time I try to start it up, it "loads" (shows the loading graphic and steps and completes the process) and then immediately crashes (I get a blank page and when I refresh, there is nothing to connect to). I first tried it with 1 CPU and 2 GB RAM (50 GB disk space so that isn't the problem) and then moved it to 2 CPUs with 2 GB RAM and I'm still getting GC Allocation Failures. Here is my latest log:
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.181-b13) for linux-amd64 JRE (1.8.0_181-b13), built on Jul 7 2018 00:56:38 by "java_re" with gcc 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8)
Memory: 4k page, physical 1882184k(1559320k free), swap 0k(0k free)
CommandLine flags: -XX:GCLogFileSize=20971520 -XX:InitialHeapSize=402653184 -XX:MaxHeapSize=1610612736 -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:+PrintGC -XX:+PrintGCCause -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps$
2019-04-11T22:14:59.088+0000: 4.360: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 98304K->11455K(114688K)] 98304K->11463K(376832K), 0.0415028 secs] [Times: user=0.07 sys=0.01, real=0.04 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:00.786+0000: 6.059: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 109759K->14422K(114688K)] 109767K->14430K(376832K), 0.0678371 secs] [Times: user=0.06 sys=0.01, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:02.933+0000: 8.205: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 112726K->14846K(114688K)] 112734K->14862K(376832K), 0.0493970 secs] [Times: user=0.05 sys=0.00, real=0.05 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:04.978+0000: 10.250: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 113150K->15749K(212992K)] 113166K->15765K(475136K), 0.0368889 secs] [Times: user=0.04 sys=0.01, real=0.04 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:08.675+0000: 13.948: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 212357K->16369K(212992K)] 212373K->18341K(475136K), 0.0622102 secs] [Times: user=0.05 sys=0.02, real=0.06 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:13.290+0000: 18.562: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 212977K->19669K(411136K)] 214949K->21649K(673280K), 0.0709272 secs] [Times: user=0.10 sys=0.02, real=0.08 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:17.812+0000: 23.084: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 410837K->19635K(413184K)] 412817K->33574K(675328K), 0.0703384 secs] [Times: user=0.07 sys=0.02, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:18.546+0000: 23.819: [GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 108925K->8926K(500224K)] 122864K->23168K(762368K), 0.0546500 secs] [Times: user=0.08 sys=0.01, real=0.06 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:18.601+0000: 23.873: [Full GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 8926K->0K(500224K)] [ParOldGen: 14242K->20700K(262144K)] 23168K->20700K(762368K), [Metaspace: 20858K->20858K(1069056K)], 0.13273$
2019-04-11T22:15:23.140+0000: 28.412: [GC (System.gc()) [PSYoungGen: 354596K->15426K(493056K)] 375297K->36135K(755200K), 0.0460703 secs] [Times: user=0.05 sys=0.02, real=0.04 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:23.186+0000: 28.459: [Full GC (System.gc()) [PSYoungGen: 15426K->0K(493056K)] [ParOldGen: 20708K->32511K(262144K)] 36135K->32511K(755200K), [Metaspace: 32196K->32196K(1079296K)], 0.1460707 secs] $
2019-04-11T22:15:25.855+0000: 31.127: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 477184K->11325K(500224K)] 509695K->43845K(762368K), 0.0225828 secs] [Times: user=0.03 sys=0.00, real=0.02 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:27.088+0000: 32.360: [GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 230204K->6011K(500224K)] 262723K->43359K(762368K), 0.1326186 secs] [Times: user=0.12 sys=0.01, real=0.38 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:27.221+0000: 32.493: [Full GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 6011K->0K(500224K)] [ParOldGen: 37347K->36864K(262144K)] 43359K->36864K(762368K), [Metaspace: 53996K->53996K(1097728K)], 0.24559$
2019-04-11T22:15:30.787+0000: 36.059: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 477696K->15550K(501248K)] 514560K->52414K(763392K), 0.0651511 secs] [Times: user=0.06 sys=0.01, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:34.616+0000: 39.888: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 493246K->10467K(500736K)] 530110K->54352K(762880K), 0.0643368 secs] [Times: user=0.12 sys=0.00, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:38.762+0000: 44.034: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 488163K->22588K(497152K)] 532048K->72723K(759296K), 0.1025614 secs] [Times: user=0.18 sys=0.01, real=0.10 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:42.045+0000: 47.318: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 496700K->25058K(499200K)] 546835K->86417K(761344K), 0.0623828 secs] [Times: user=0.10 sys=0.01, real=0.06 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:42.950+0000: 48.222: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 499170K->9868K(485888K)] 560529K->81683K(748032K), 0.0413956 secs] [Times: user=0.06 sys=0.01, real=0.04 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:46.134+0000: 51.406: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 470668K->22800K(483840K)] 542483K->99322K(745984K), 0.0382481 secs] [Times: user=0.06 sys=0.00, real=0.04 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:49.960+0000: 55.232: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 483600K->32742K(475136K)] 560122K->119158K(737280K), 0.0704310 secs] [Times: user=0.11 sys=0.01, real=0.08 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:52.007+0000: 57.279: [GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 280138K->16592K(483328K)] 366554K->132628K(745472K), 0.1228881 secs] [Times: user=0.20 sys=0.02, real=0.12 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:52.130+0000: 57.402: [Full GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 16592K->0K(483328K)] [ParOldGen: 116036K->116920K(345088K)] 132628K->116920K(828416K), [Metaspace: 87219K->87211K(1128448K)], 0.$
2019-04-11T22:15:55.898+0000: 61.170: [GC (GCLocker Initiated GC) [PSYoungGen: 442368K->25394K(482304K)] 560401K->143435K(827392K), 0.0342574 secs] [Times: user=0.06 sys=0.00, real=0.04 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:57.580+0000: 62.852: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 469810K->28227K(483840K)] 587886K->157471K(828928K), 0.0612612 secs] [Times: user=0.11 sys=0.01, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:15:58.996+0000: 64.268: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 472643K->21906K(482816K)] 601887K->159935K(827904K), 0.0792672 secs] [Times: user=0.15 sys=0.00, real=0.08 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:00.384+0000: 65.656: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 466322K->20147K(483328K)] 604351K->169261K(828416K), 0.0812310 secs] [Times: user=0.15 sys=0.00, real=0.08 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:01.564+0000: 66.836: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 464563K->12592K(484352K)] 613685K->168802K(829440K), 0.1106257 secs] [Times: user=0.20 sys=0.00, real=0.11 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:01.738+0000: 67.011: [GC (GCLocker Initiated GC) [PSYoungGen: 20078K->192K(484352K)] 176288K->166512K(829440K), 0.1000656 secs] [Times: user=0.12 sys=0.03, real=0.10 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:04.896+0000: 70.168: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 447168K->23370K(485376K)] 613488K->189823K(830464K), 0.0698068 secs] [Times: user=0.07 sys=0.00, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:07.237+0000: 72.509: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 469834K->38394K(484864K)] 636287K->212770K(829952K), 0.0861054 secs] [Times: user=0.12 sys=0.01, real=0.09 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:09.791+0000: 75.063: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 484858K->23747K(477696K)] 659234K->211448K(822784K), 0.1100200 secs] [Times: user=0.18 sys=0.01, real=0.11 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:12.244+0000: 77.517: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 462019K->22476K(481280K)] 649720K->222346K(826368K), 0.0629436 secs] [Times: user=0.09 sys=0.02, real=0.06 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:13.489+0000: 78.762: [GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 179268K->6324K(480768K)] 379138K->214736K(825856K), 0.0460246 secs] [Times: user=0.07 sys=0.00, real=0.05 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:13.536+0000: 78.808: [Full GC (Metadata GC Threshold) [PSYoungGen: 6324K->0K(480768K)] [ParOldGen: 208411K->184224K(447488K)] 214736K->184224K(928256K), [Metaspace: 139105K->139101K(1179648K)], 0$
2019-04-11T22:16:16.864+0000: 82.136: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 439808K->22837K(481792K)] 624032K->207070K(929280K), 0.0515943 secs] [Times: user=0.10 sys=0.00, real=0.05 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:19.113+0000: 84.385: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 462645K->14664K(480256K)] 646878K->213104K(927744K), 0.1006326 secs] [Times: user=0.20 sys=0.00, real=0.10 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:21.411+0000: 86.684: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 456008K->19560K(481280K)] 654448K->229095K(928768K), 0.0859468 secs] [Times: user=0.16 sys=0.00, real=0.08 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:25.496+0000: 90.768: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 460904K->25688K(482816K)] 670439K->249447K(930304K), 0.1002318 secs] [Times: user=0.17 sys=0.00, real=0.10 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:28.284+0000: 93.556: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 470616K->16069K(483328K)] 694375K->260361K(930816K), 0.1073145 secs] [Times: user=0.17 sys=0.02, real=0.11 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:32.410+0000: 97.682: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 460997K->11386K(485376K)] 705289K->268080K(932864K), 0.0605184 secs] [Times: user=0.09 sys=0.02, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:35.330+0000: 100.602: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 459898K->12208K(485376K)] 716592K->277754K(932864K), 0.0668590 secs] [Times: user=0.10 sys=0.01, real=0.07 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:38.577+0000: 103.850: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 460720K->6133K(486912K)] 726266K->280852K(934400K), 0.0834794 secs] [Times: user=0.15 sys=0.01, real=0.09 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:41.399+0000: 106.671: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 456693K->5487K(486912K)] 731412K->284726K(934400K), 0.0322785 secs] [Times: user=0.05 sys=0.00, real=0.04 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:46.969+0000: 112.241: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 456047K->25771K(484864K)] 735286K->305011K(932352K), 0.0821281 secs] [Times: user=0.17 sys=0.00, real=0.09 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:49.079+0000: 114.351: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 474283K->18748K(486400K)] 753523K->297996K(933888K), 0.0736444 secs] [Times: user=0.15 sys=0.01, real=0.08 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:50.857+0000: 116.129: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 467260K->24669K(486400K)] 746508K->303917K(933888K), 0.0530683 secs] [Times: user=0.11 sys=0.00, real=0.05 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:56.212+0000: 121.484: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 474205K->37355K(486912K)] 753453K->338172K(934400K), 0.1215715 secs] [Times: user=0.18 sys=0.02, real=0.12 secs]
2019-04-11T22:16:59.439+0000: 124.711: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 486891K->37351K(429568K)] 787708K->371669K(877056K), 0.1785601 secs] [Times: user=0.26 sys=0.04, real=0.18 secs]
2019-04-11T22:17:01.735+0000: 127.007: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 429543K->58945K(451584K)] 763861K->399464K(899072K), 0.1321743 secs] [Times: user=0.22 sys=0.01, real=0.13 secs]
2019-04-11T22:17:03.741+0000: 129.013: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 451137K->29134K(454144K)] 791656K->399760K(901632K), 0.2035832 secs] [Times: user=0.33 sys=0.02, real=0.20 secs]
2019-04-11T22:17:05.703+0000: 130.975: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 410574K->28999K(410624K)] 781200K->420699K(858112K), 0.1174105 secs] [Times: user=0.19 sys=0.02, real=0.12 secs]
2019-04-11T22:17:07.665+0000: 132.937: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 410439K->25517K(450560K)] 802139K->431503K(898048K), 0.2072922 secs] [Times: user=0.34 sys=0.02, real=0.21 secs]
2019-04-11T22:17:09.485+0000: 134.758: [GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 410029K->9930K(447488K)] 816015K->428636K(894976K), 0.0998661 secs] [Times: user=0.13 sys=0.02, real=0.10 secs]
2019-04-11T22:17:09.585+0000: 134.858: [Full GC (Ergonomics)
I started the migration following the steps at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-938846962.html only when I got to the point where I upload the XML backup, it crashed. Then the next time, after restarting Jira, I was asked to provide my license (no XML backup upload option) and then it crashed. The time after that, after restarting Jira, I was asked again for my license and then to create an admin account and then it crashed, and now it just "loads" and crashes.
My old server did have a different hostname (of course, since I didn't get to the point where I can change it or feel secure enough to point my old domain to the new one) and it was on port 80, but that shouldn't matter because I was able to access my new server by IP address and on port 8080 (I should be able to change the hostname later).
One thought I had is because Digital Ocean droplets are so bare-bones (I had to install nano), perhaps I'm missing some crucial utilities. I did install and configure MySQL as best I can according to the documentation but maybe I'm missing something else?
Let me know if there is anything else I can provide. I also could switch to a different distribution of Linux if it's easier (perhaps specifically for Digital Ocean). I'd prefer to avoid migrating to Windows for various reasons, even if it is easier (not sure it is).
This is the second time I've tried this migration so I'd really like a little assistance now.
EDIT: As far as the complexity of my Jira server, there are quite a few projects in it but not many users and I primarily use it with just a handful of developers, so I shouldn't need more than the bare minimum requirements. I had to move off of Bluehost because Jira was working but crashing almost every day because I have a 2 CPU + 2 GB RAM VPS there that's also hosting between 10 and 20 WordPress sites, so the fact that it worked there at all means it should be fine on its own in this new droplet.