When I create a ticket I'd like to be able to relate this ticket to an epic directly from the form creation.
I looked into configuring issue types but there is no "epic" field available.
(I'm working within a next gen project)
@clara.maitre This feature of linking Epic to an issue while issue type creation is currently not available in next-gen projects. Please see the below similar post from community for more information:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Next-Gen-Story-and-Epic-Link/qaq-p/910068
As per recent developments for next-gen projects, Issues can now be added to Epics and removed from Epics from within the issue view meatball menu. Up to now this was only available on the card meatball menu. Please see the next-gen projects roadmap below for more information:
https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.32090620.390908284.1554734189-1671602508.1532093427#result-605d2ca4
Hope it helps!
this is quite unfortunate and something we sorely miss - this adds one extra step for every ticket created, can you please hurry and implement?
Agreed, this seems like a huge oversight. Yet another feature missing in next gen.
@Taranjeet Singh Do you know if this will be added to the roadmap? Does anyone? This will save clicks and allow for some key organization properties.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.