Hi
I would like to setup a help centre, very similar to the Jira support centre, using Confluence. I am using Atlassian Cloud and users would be able to access the page anonymously. Could anyone please tell me how to get rid of the side bar and to replace it with an index similar to the JIRA site?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/setting-up-jira-software-776811124.html
Thanks for any help.
HD
Hello there!
Hilary, thanks for reaching out here in our Community. So, currently, there is no feature to hide the side bar from anonymous users (users who access Confluence without authentication).
We do have a feature request that points exactly at this. You can check the feature here:
CONFCLOUD-58921 | Ability to hide sidebar from anonymous users
The best course of action would be to vote and watch the request. Voting will increase the issue visibility and watching will keep you up to date with anything posted there!
If you need to publish the content to anonymous users, there are some third-party add-ons that might be able to help you out. You can check this other thread here for more information:
Hide sidebar for anonymous users
Looking forward to your reply Hilary!
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I've voted for the feature request as it would be a really easy option for me to be able to create a public website directly from Confluence. I'll have a look at the 3rd party options in the meantime.
Hey Hilary! Thanks for replying. Also, thanks for taking part on this and voting!If need something in the future, come share with the Community!
Hi Diego! Does this mean that there is no way to hide the sidebar? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-57870
Is it possible to link to such that a sidebar does not show up for non-anonymous users?I have a space, where we would like to create a landing page with the sidebar initially hidden. Is this possible?e.g.https://my-site.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/~whatever/pages/morestuff/hereitis?hidesidebar=trueor something like it?
I would also like this feature.
You can add ?mode=global to those links and you'll get what you want.
Ironically, that is added by default to certain login redirects, and people hate it:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-59247
That worked great!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.