The first two epics I created have matching key's/epic names. However, I accidentally created a duplicate and now the numbers are off. Is there a way we can edit the epic key's to match the number listed in the epic name?
Hi @SGS Admin ,
These keys are system generated, I do not know of any way to change them, if you are in the Cloud. If you are on server you may be able to update the key with a script. (I’m on the Cloud, so I’ve never needed to.)
-Scott
Thanks for your response! Another related question, I deleted epics assuming that the next number would be the same as the one deleted but now it skips (Eg. 1 2 - new numbers are 9, 10, 11) is there a way to reset that or is it the same as with the epic keys?
Unfortunately its the same.
Ok understood. Thanks for your help.
Hello,
In Jiracloud, you actually can.Edit: You cannot. I did not read carefully. Steps below are to update the Epic name to match the "summary" field.1. Open the issue (Epic) on the new windowIf I'm right, the URL should be without the project name in it.Ex: https://myspace.atlassian.net/browse/KEY-22. You should have a message saying that you can switch to the old view if you want.Click Yes. If not, add "?oldIssueView=true" at the end of URL.3. Click on the edit button. You will have the Jira server issue -like and so you will have the field "Epic name" field. This is the issue key (based on project key, ofc)4. Update it, save, close, switch back to the new interface and enjoy!
Iswaren
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.