I am unable to activate my Jira Standalone install in my Dev environment. I am blocked by security. I need to get the URL(s) and Ports required to activate my installation. I am also hoping that this question causes Atlassian to add this info to the installation documentation. It is not terribly unusual for Dev environments to be isolated.
To get updates, your network needs to be able to reach https://marketplace.atlassian.com so you'll need to think about port 443
This is in the docs, but it's well buried.
Thank you. Does this include the activation of the license key or just the updates?
Updates. You don't need any connectivity (beyond the Jira server to the client (browser) you are using) to paste in a licence key.
Hi Nic,
Thank you for responding. Unfortunately it appears after putting in the key the server calls out to some sort of activation site to validate the key. So when you accept the key it errors out with a message that the license fails to activate because it cannot validate the key.
Running into this also and unable to find the info in the documentation. Did you ever find this info?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.