
How does bitbucket detect the builds running on various CI providers? Does the provider have to call a webhook every time the status of build changes (started, failed, succeeded?
I have a use case where I don't want to start the CI tests unless the unit-tests have passed on the BB pipelines.
This was working with Buildkite. If I raise a PR and have only BB pipelines setup, initially the PR would show that 1 test is running (on BB pipelines). But when I manually trigger another build on the same commit on Buildkite, the UI was updated to show the 2nd build.
This does not seem to work with Azure pipelines. When I trigger the build on Azure, it's not reflected in the PR.
Is there anything I can do in Azure to so that BB would show that build.
PS: If I just enable "continuous integration" on Azure, then while raising a PR, 2 builds starts simultaneously. One on BB pipelines and the other on Azure. My use case is not to trigger the build on Azure eagerly but manually after the build on BB pipelines passes.
Is this possible? Any help is highly appreciated.