We have one project where 3 teams work on. We set this up in the following way.
We have one main board that covers all issues.
We have 3 team boards, that filters on all issues that are assigned to a team member or a special "team-x" user. Every team has one such user. We also thought about creating labels: team-1, team-2, team-3. But working with assignees seemed to work fine as well.
The team boards create independent of the other team sprints. In the main board we can see all 3 sprints. In the team board, only 1 active sprint is visible.
Now this all works fine, except that if I create a new issue on the backlog or the sprint view, you will always get this message:
issue xxx has been created but is not currently visible.
I think this could be solved if I could set the default assigned user for the board. Or if I could set an automatic label if an issue is created in the board.
If there is another way to solve this, I would love to hear this. All I want is setting something up so that I can work on 1 big project with 3 different team boards.