When creating/editing a board in Jira Software Cloud, I see myself as an option under Location, in addition to projects. I have some questions about this that I can't find any answers for. The help docs skip over the location field.
-Can I assign board to locations to other users, or do they have to do it themselves? I only see myself as an option, even though there are other admins in our user group. For example, does it make sense to have board locations be team leads? Our teams aren't necessarily tied to a single project, so a board might be displaying issues from multiple projects and setting a board location to a single project is confusing when the board displays work from multiple projects.
-Does it function exactly like a board that would be located in a project? The user location doesn't seem tied to any of the other board filter settings