We have a closed service desk; user accounts must be approved and created by us. Opening it up to anonymous access is not an option.
I have a new requirement/request from our SD team and I'm not sure if it's possible; I'm a long-time Jira admin but service desk is pretty new to us.
We have a request type that has a field for approver - the person making the request needs to provide the email address of their supervisor so that our support team can follow up and make sure the request is something that's been approved by the customer's organization before moving forward.
The catch is, the supervisor may not be a service desk customer. Is there any way to make a request available to someone who isn't a customer, without actually opening up access entirely?
We use the portal, but we do have email requests enabled. If I set up some kind of automation that would send an email to the address in the supervisor field, and they reply to the email, is there any way to connect the reply to the service desk ticket?
We're trying to avoid having a ticket and a separate unconnected email thread to keep track of for each of these types of requests.