We've been round and round on this and so I'm asking for help.
Been using JSD pretty much since it became a tool. Always had this same problem.
A reply from a customer to a resolved ticket, by default, does not re-open the ticket and therefore, no one get's notified of the reply and no queries will find it as open or re-opened.
We created so many workarounds I lost count but all of them break something else.
1. creating an automation called "resolved nothing further" that allows us to resolve a ticket without notifying the customer, so they are not compelled to reply to it. This cleaned up a lot but did nothing to prevent it fully.
2. created automation so that all comments reopen tickets, but then if we try to resolve the ticket and comment (SIMULTANEOUSLY inside the resolution dialog (screen)), the ticket resolves and then promptly re-opens because of the comment.
3. there are others that we've abandoned as well...
Question. Is there some reason that anyone can come up with why the default behavior would NOT be to reopen any resolved issue that was replied to? Every ticket system I have ever used (all the big ones I know of) has this set by default.
And I get that there are edge use cases where we'd not want a reply to reopen a ticket, and that setting should be available. But not the opposite. I've ready through community fixes I've found, but so far, none of them have solved the big problem, the fix that makes JSD work as it should.
Thanks