I do not understand the logic of boards appearing in projects. If I set the filter to "project = ...", will it then appear on the left-hand side under "boards in this project"? And what if the filter includes more projects e.g. "project = P1 or project = P2" - will this board be seen on both then? Or, to put this question differently, how can I see the tickets from a project on my board, without seeing the board in the project menu. I have a board where I want to see tickets from a few projects, but do not want to interfere with their project set-up and my board should not confuse them by appearing in the "boards in this project" option.
We are using Jira Server 7.11.1, but I found this ticket about Jira Cloud that I thought would apply to us too: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-manage-multiple-projects-in-a-single-board-under-new-JIRA/qaq-p/661120 - It talks about "having a board linked to a single project even when you can assign a custom filter to pull issues across multiple projects". So that would mean that although a board can contain issues from multiple projects, it can only show up as "Boards in this project" in one project from what I understood here. However, noticed a different behavior recently as stated above.