Hello,
how can I generate are Jira report that lists all comments of the task and sub-task within the same epic?
I followed JQL to show all issues AND subtasks in the Epic and Filter: Get issues by epic with their subtasks? to create the proper filter but even get that to work. I don't have any apps like ScripRunner etc. and won't have in the near feature.
Afterward, I would like to create a report to show me the description, assignee, and comments on each task/sub-task.
How can I do that?
thank you
Stefan
Hello Stefan,
Unfortunately, JIRA JQL feature does not have parameters to return the sub-task issues from Stories under a specified Epic in a single query without specifying the parent of the Sub-tasks. You would only be able to achieve this using a plugin, however, here's the closest functionality you can achieve using only JIRA:
Create the following filter to return all the stories under a specific Epic:
"Epic Link" = ABC-123
Let's suppose the query below returned the Stories:
- CDE-456
- FGH-789
Once you got all the issues returned by this Epic, you can add each of them in the query below to return all the Sub-tasks of the Stories under the Epic together:
"Epic Link" = ABC-123 or parent in ("CDE-456","FGH-789")
Let me know if this information helps.
it's a pity.
What plug-ins would allow me do this (the cheaper the better)?
Check the tags you added in the question, it seems you are using JIRA Server. Is that correct?
There's a free add-on called AM Utils that was mentioned in one of the questions you were searching.
This free add-on provides you with a new JQL extension called issuesSubtasks that you can use to return the information you need with the query below:
"Epic Link" = ABC-123 or issuesSubtasks("Epic Link" = ABC-123)
This solution would have no costs for you. Can you try it and let us know how it goes?
For more information about this function, you can check the add-on documentation below:
Using AM Utils JQL Functions - issuesSubtasks
@Petter Gonçalves thank you for the quick response. We run the Data Center version but I emailed the vendor what they about running it on Data Center as it offers some more complex functions.Moreover, the admin is currently on sick leave and won't return before two weeks time, so more time for research , besides AM Utils, what else could do the job?
Once I got the sub-tasks filtered, could I publish their comments easily in reports?
thx Stefan
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.