I'm trying to add pull request support to my Git client Working Copy and having trouble pull request is between forks. In these tries I'm authenticated as user=workingcopy that has pullrequest privileges.
Specifically I try to make a PR where the source master branch on
https://bitbucket.org/workingcopy/game/
and the destination is master branch on
https://bitbucket.org/palmin/game/
I POST the pull request content
{"title" = "My title",
"destination": {"branch": "master"},
"source": {"branch": "master",
"repository": {"repo_slug": "game",
"username": "workingcopy"}}
}
to the endpoint
https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/palmin/game/pullrequests
but this gives me the errror message
"Source and destination must be different"
I tried including the "repository" dictionary inside "destination" but the error is the same.
I'm also having trouble creating cross-repository pull requests when branch names are different.
Trying to create a pull request where the source master branch on
https://bitbucket.org/workingcopy/game/
and the destination is release branch on
https://bitbucket.org/palmin/game/
I get the error message
"You do not have access to repository palmin/game and therefore you can not create a pull request."
The web-interface allows me to open a pull request like this when logged in as "workingcopy".
Any suggestions on things to do differently?