I'm starting a small pseudo-company, mostly consisting of an extended group of a friends, to work on a few open source (all either GPLv3 or Apache) projects. I was wondering how far along the project(s) need to be in order to qualify for the free open source license?
I want to use Jira (at least) from the get go, as a way to organize everything and give people time to get used to the system before it's really needed. I am already paying for the 10 user on-demand instance, but from the way this is looking, I may need more than that MUCH sooner than I expected.
I am also fully able and willing to host my own instance. The on-demand instance was chosen as it, by itself, is cheaper than spinning up the Amazon EC2 instance to house it.
I looked through all the material I could find, but was not able to find anything stating a minimum maturity. Only license restrictions.
Edit:
I'm also looking to use Confluence, BitBucket, and Bamboo.