Hi,
I was assigned a task that required for an issue to be created when the user clicks on my custom button. From my understanding, I will need to do a POST. There were 2 ways that I saw, but don't really know how I want to put them together.
Firstly, I saw this:
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.3/jira/rest-endpoints.html
where a priority is being created. Would be nice to see an example for how to do an issue.
Then I saw this one:
https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/3.6.2/
which is probably my preferred way, but I don't even know where I would put it or even how to do a POST request with Groovy. With a button, you call a link or a REST endpoint. Maybe I will put the code there (REST service endpoint)? Seems like a messy way of doing it. I would much rather put it in the button script, but you only can put conditionals there.
Thanks