I am new to Jira - Kanban as a project administrator and would love to know if I can set restrictions on the "done" column to disappear? I do not want cards/issues staying in the "done" column forever which will then allow the Kanban to become overwhelmed while trying to hold status meetings and review what we have completed thus far. How do I set a time limit of when the "done" column disappears and where does it disappear to?
Hi Cassandra and welcome to the community.
A project administrator should be able to do a Release on the board, which clears out the Done column for you. We meet weekly to review what we have accomplished and to do a release. But that time period can be whatever works best for your team.
You can also set the sub-filter on your board to hide the Done cards after a certain amount of time. But that just masks things to me. But it works!
Hope that helps.
Hi @Cassandra Grayes , welcome to the community. Yes you can do this. That is what the sub-filter in Kanban boards are often used for. for example you could add the following to your current sub-filter...
resolved >=-2w or resolved is empty
@Cassandra Grayes There is no such thing as to make a column "disappear" on an Agile board.
A nice approach which I have used in the past is to restrict the number of resolved/done issues on the board, by modifying the Board filter JQL, so that the board appears nice and does not overwhelm users. For Example, a sample JQL query will be like:
((project = "your project name" and resolution = Unresolved) or (project = "your project name" and resolved >= -1w order by Rank ASC))
The above query will restrict the number of resolved/done issues to the issues resolved only in last 1 week
Hope it helps !
Hi jack! Thanks so much. The resolved query, is that located in board settings?
Hi John! Thanks so much! I’ll try both out and see which one I like better
Yes. see image below...
Thanks! Where does the resolved/done issues go to once I set the restrictions for a week to be removed from the "done" column? Will they always remain in the queue?
Technically, they will always be in a status of Done. The filters/sub-filters just tell the cards whether they should show up on the board or not. In the case of doing a release, the sub-filter checks to make sure the fixVersion field is empty.
@Cassandra Grayes The resolved/done issues will not go anywhere, they will remain in the project. They will still be displayed in the "Done" column on Agile board, but their number will be restricted to only show issues that were resolved within last 1 week.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.