Hello. How to change repository ownership from user to team?
From https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Change+or+transfer+repository+ownership
"Make sure you know which user you want to transfer the repository to before you begin. Then, do the following:
Enter the Username of the individual or team account you want to transfer to.
Press Transfer repository.The Bitbucket server sends the user or team account a message containing a transfer request. The message goes to both the user's Bitbucket inbox and the external email inbox."
The admins of the team account then has to log in and accept the transfer.
Thank you!
when I created the Team I never created an account. So I am not sure how to accept the transfer, or how to associate the Team with a new user... should it be associated with the User used to create the team?
I see this post is old and I wonder if the Web UI has changed ever since because I can't find "Transfer repository". What now?
EDIT: I just found it. We Need to do another step before #4:3.5 Select "Repository Details".
Thanks Rainer.
fuck, transfer request not show for new owner!!!
+1
Below method works for me when you are already part of the team.
You can go to Projects, Select desired project, Add repositories from an individual account
After year looks like they fixed this. New owner see trasfer request and receive mail notification.
This thread doesn't include the receiving end. I am waiting to get a repository transfer from an account I don't own into my new account and I don't know what to expect. No email was received and no notification was posted on my new account. What are the steps to accept the transfer? Appreciate the help.
I would like to confirm that this answer is awesome because it comes handy to me.
Thanks Rainer. I am just extending answer that If user account is older then select Repository Details from Setting as Rain explained. After scroll to bottom and you will see the Transfer Repository option.
Same here. A repository's ownership is pending (was sent to me) but after repeatedly coming back over the last couple of months I still can't figure out how to accept it:
This repository's ownership is pending transfer to xyz. Visit the repository details page for more info.
This page only shows the initiator and receiver of the transfer. I can't do anything there.
This worked for me and didn't require jumping between users. It'll even warn you that the ownership will be transferred.
Right now you can only accept a transfer via the e-mail that's been sent to the email address of the account. So make sure you have access to the email address of the receiving account, then you can accept via a link in that email.
And who would the receiving account be? It's supposedly sent to our team/organization, but to our knowledge no e-mail is configured there.
How should I synchronise my local repository after I transferred the remote one to a new ownership?
I can not simply push to the remote repository now because my local repository is still has a link to the previous ownership.
Ok, I found an answer
If you have the same problem then try this:
$ git remote set-url origin <em>new_url</em>
Thank you.
Is it normal that it's taking more than 17 minutes? It's just a small repository
Update
They changed it again, now you go to:
Repository settings -> Repository Details -> click the 3 dots at the right top: you will find "transfer repository" there.
The person you transferred it to has to accept, maybe this is what's taking time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.